We've compiled a few general FAQs about MyBlueLight email here, however, we encourage you to sign-in to your email account at www.netzero.net to find all the answers to your technical email questions. Once you sign-in, there is a Help link on the left hand side of the screen. Here you can browse a list of topics and answer questions like, How do I send an attachment? or How do I check POP3 email?
Click on a question to see the answer:
How do I setup POP email?
POP email will allow you to read and send MyBlueLight email from other email programs (ex. Microsoft Outlook or Qualcomm Eudora.)
Step 1. Log in to MyBluelight.com and click 'Inbox'.
Step 2. Click 'Options'.
Step 3. Click 'Setup POP Access'.
Step 4. Click 'Add'. The page will now display your unique POP server settings.
You will need to apply these server settings to an email software program that supports POP mail and Authenticated SMTP. Setup instructions are different for each mail program. For instructions on how to configure your email software to receive POP email from MyBlueLight, view the help section of the mail software you will be using. Currently supported POP mail software applications include the following: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Qualcomm Eudora, and Netscape Messenger.
How do I configure Microsoft Outlook for MyBlueLight POP email?
- Open Outlook and click on the dropdown menu namedTools.
- Click on theAccounts orServices option (will vary by version).
- Click on theGeneral tab. Click on theAdd button and selectInternet email from the pulldown option list.
- Enter your full name and MyBlueLight.com email address, including the@myBlueLight.com portion.
- Click on theServers tab - Enter the following information:
Incoming mail server: pop.netzero.com
SMTP server: smtp.netzero.com
MyBlueLight Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g., email@example.com)
MyBlueLight Password: Your password
- Make sure that the box next to 'Logon using Secure Password Authentication' is unchecked.
- Make sure that the box next to 'My server requires authentication' is checked.
- Click on the Connection tab and selectI establish my Internet connection manually.
- ClickApply, thenOK. Close and restart Outlook. Your POP access is now set up.
- Click on theSend/Receive button in Outlook to retrieve and send your messages.
What is your SMTP server setting?
Can I use a third-party email program with BlueLight Internet Service?
You are under no obligation to use the MyBlueLight email address for your email needs. However, if you choose to use a third-party email program, it must be accessible via an Internet connection. MyBlueLight email is simple, personalized and accessible from any Internet connection.
How do I access MyBlueLight email?
There are three easy ways to check MyBlueLight email when using BlueLight Internet Service:
- The MyBlueLight start page, which appears each time you log in using BlueLight Internet Service, contains links to check email (MyBlueLight email and Yahoo! Mail).
- Access your MyBlueLight email account anytime at www.netzero.net. Since MyBlueLight email is web-based, you will be able to read, save and create email messages regardless of the computer you use.
- While browsing the Web, click the Mail button (with a small envelope icon) in the right hand corner of your taskbar. This button opens the MyBlueLight start page and allows access to email as described above.
What is my email login and password?
To access email, you must use the same username and password that you chose when registering for BlueLight Internet Service. Once registered for the service, your Internet Service username is the portion of the email address before the @ character. Emails are structured in the following format: UserName@mybluelight.com. For example, John Doe logs into the Internet Service with the following username: johndoe and receives email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The password selected during registration is used both to log into the Internet service and to log into email. However, if you changed your password at any time, please use your new password to log in to the Internet Service and email.
Do you support multiple MyBlueLight email addresses?
We do not support multiple MyBlueLight email addresses at this time.
If I cancel service, will I lose access to the MyBlueLight email?
If you cancel BlueLight Internet Service or let payments lapse, you will be able to access email until the end of the current paid billing cycle. You can re-activate a cancelled or lapsed account by calling BlueLight Internet Service Support within 6 months. Please note: Messages in your mailbox may have been permanently deleted if your service has been terminated.