How do I make sure that no one changes my DSL modem settings?
Once you have your NetZero DSL connection working, you should password protect your modem's interface to be sure no one can change the settings without your knowledge.
To do this:
Once you've set a password, no one can reach your modem's settings page unless they enter the password.
- Open a web browser and go to gateway.2wire.net.
- Click on the System Password link.
- Place a check in the box to enable password protection.
- You will be prompted to enter a password and then enter it again as confirmation.
- You will also have the option to set up a hint in case you forget your password.