How do I configure the NetZero DSL firewall to allow connectivity for an Internet Application?
Before you attempt to configure your NetZero DSL modem to allow connectivity for individual Internet applications, you will need to know which UDP and TCP ports your application requires. You can find this information from the program vendors' website or documentation.
To configure your DSL modem:
Your application has now been added.
- Open your web browser and go to gateway.2wire.net.
- Click on the Firewall tab.
- Click on Edit Settings in the Firewall Settings box
- Under Select a Host Computer, you will need to select on which computer you want to change the port settings.
- Under Select the Application(s), click on Add a new user-defined application.
- In the box titled Application name, type the name of the application or program for which you are creating the settings (i.e. X-Box, VPN, etc).
- Select either TCP or UDP in the definition window.
- Enter your first port range (the information you determined at the beginning).
- Do not alter the Protocol Timeout and Map to Host Port settings, unless specifically instructed by your application.
- Click the Add button to add your first port range.
- Repeat steps 7 through 10, selecting the other port (either UDP or TCP, depending on which you selected first).
- When you are finished adding both ports, click on the Done button.
- Click on Update Application List, and then Done.
- Your application will now be in the Application List. Highlight it and click on the Add button.
- Click on Done to close the configuration window.
|NetZero Free Service|