Do I need to have "Proxies" set up, or Proxy software installed?
NetZero DSL recommends that you disable any proxy software or proxy settings, as they can have a negative effect on your NetZero DSL connection.
To disable Windows proxy settings in IE 7.x:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Connections tab.
- Click on the LAN Settings button to open the LAN settings box
- Make sure Use a Proxy Server for your LAN... is unchecked.
- Click OK, then OK again to exit.