How to connect my Xbox 360 wirelessly?
You can set up a wireless connection only if you have a wireless modem and there are three different ways to determine if your DSL modem is also a wireless modem or a standard modem.
- Power switch: Wireless modems have an On/Off switch in the back, while non-wireless modems do not.
- Modem's model number: Wireless modem's model number is 4011G, while standard modem's model number is 2071. You can locate the model number just below the modem indicator lights.
- Serial number: Wireless modems have an alpha numeric serial number (i.e. the serial number contains both numbers and letters, like AB12C3). If the serial number consists of only numbers, it is not a wireless modem.
To connect 360 wirelessly:
Note: You can locate the Wireless key and password (WIFI) printed at the bottom part of the gateway modem.
- Scan for wireless network with the name 2wire on it and the last 3 numbers should match the last 3 digits of the modem's serial number.
- Select the 2wire network.
- Enter the wifi key when prompted for a password and try to connect to the 2wire wireless network.
If you are unable to connect, it means that connection requires further troubleshooting, refer to the Xbox user's manual or contact Microsoft for more help.
Please note: These instructions are meant to be general guidelines for setting up an Xbox to a wireless network. You should always follow the vendor's instructions for installing, configuring, and maintaining your wireless network.