Email Setup - Microsoft Outlook
- Start Outlook, click on Tools, and select E-Mail Accounts...
- Select Add new e-mail account then click the Next button.
- Select POP3 from the list and click the Next button.
- Type your information into the boxes.
- The User Name box should be the name you want to appear on your emails.
- Your Logon Information should contain your NetZero Member ID and password (check the box next to Remember password).
- Type: pop.netzero.com in the Incoming Mail Server (POP) box.
- Type: smtp.netzero.com in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) box.
- Click the More Settings button when finished entering the information.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab and place a check in the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use the same settings as my incoming server.
- Click on the Advanced tab and place a check in the boxes next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under both the POP and SMTP sections.
- Change the POP port number to 995 and the SMTP port number to 465.
- Place a check in the box next to Leave a copy of messages on the server and click the OK button.
- Click the Next button to finish setting up your NetZero email account.
These instructions may differ slightly for older version of Outlook. If you need more help configuring your older email software, please consult the Microsoft help site.