Email Setup - Microsoft Outlook Express
- Start Outlook Express, click on Tools, and select Accounts...
- Click the Add button and select Mail... from the list.
- Type the name you want to appear on your emails in the Display name box, then click the Next button.
- Type your full NetZero email address in the box and click the Next button.
- Select POP3 from the dropdown menu
- Type: pop.netzero.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, HTTP) server box.
- Type: smtp.netzero.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box.
- Click the Next button.
- Type your NetZero Member ID in the Account name box (do not include "@netzero.com"), and type your NetZero password in the Password box.
- Check the box next to Remember password then click Next.
- Click the Finish button to add your NetZero account.
- Highlight your NetZero account from the list, then click on the Properties button.
- Click the Advanced tab and place a check in the boxes next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL) beneath both the POP and SMTP sections.
- Change the POP port number to 995 and the SMTP port number to 465.
- Place a check in the box next to Leave a copy of messages on server, then click the Apply button.
- Click OK to close the Properties box, then click Close to finish configuring your NetZero email account.
These instructions may differ slightly for older version of Outlook. If you need more help configuring your older email software, please consult the Microsoft help site.