Creating Additional Email Accounts - Netscape Messenger 4.x
Important note for Free NetZero members: To take advantage of offline email clients such as Microsoft Outlook, you must upgrade to a Platinum or NetZero HiSpeed account. Click here to upgrade today.
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Point to Programs > Netscape Communicator and select Utilities.
- Click on User Profile Manager.
- Click on the New button.
- Click Next after reading the explanation of personal profiles.
- Enter your name and email address and click Next.
For example: email@example.com
- Enter a name for your account profile and click Next.
- Enter the outgoing mail server authsmtp.netzero.com
- Click Next.
- Enter your Member ID and the incoming mail server pop.netzero.com
- Select pop3 for server type and click Finish.
If you do not log off from your current identity before you quit Netscape Messenger, you may not be able to log on using a different identity. Subsequently, anyone who opens Netscape Messenger will have access to your account. To work around this behavior, log off from the current identity before you quit Netscape Messenger.Note: Because of limits placed on your mailbox, you must complete the following steps to prevent your mail from being blocked or deleted.
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Select the Mail tab and click on pop.netzero.com
- Click on Properties and select Advanced.
- Under the Deliver section, ensure that the Leave a copy of messages on server box is unchecked.
- Click OK to save.
|NetZero Free Service|