My microphone is not detected.
If NetZero Video Mail is unable to detect your microphone, it is likely because it is set not connected, or improperly configured. Sometimes simply rebooting your computer will solve this matter.
If you have an external microphone, check to be sure it is securely connected to your computer. If the microphone is properly connected, confirm that your Flash Player is configured for the microphone (click here to learn more). If Flash Player is correctly configured, try re-booting your computer. This will often solve temporary problems. If you've re-booted and NetZero Video Mail still does not detect your microphone, check to be sure your computer detects it.
Note: You will need Microsoft DirectX 9 to perform this test. To check your DirectX version, please close all applications, click on the Windows Start button, select Run, type: dxdiag.exe and click on OK. The DirectX version will be listed on the window that opens. If you don't have DirectX 9, please click here to download it for free.
- Click your Windows Start button, and select Run.
- In the Open (or Command) box, type: dxdiag.exe
- Select the Network tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Click DirectPlay Voice Options.
- Go through the steps in the DirectPlay Voice Wizard.
- Click on the Windows Start button, select Control Panel, and click on System and Maintenance.
- Select System, and click on Device Manager, located under Tasks on the left.
- Click on Sound, video, and game controllers from the list to view your microphone status.
- If there is a problem with your microphone, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
- Click the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click Sound under Hardware and select Input tab.
- Move the slider for Input Volume to right to increase the volume.
- Close the Sound Window.