Connection Errors / Solutions
Error 26: NetZero could not continue due to a corrupted user preference file. Please reinstall the software.
NetZero can be launched correctly by clicking the NetZero icon on the desktop or from the NetZero folder. Trying to launch NetZero through 3rd party applications or through any other means will result in Error 26.
Please try the following solutions to resolve the problem.A.Restart your computer and launch NetZero
B.Locate and launch NetZero
C.Uninstall and Reinstall NetZero
A. To Restart a computer 1. Click the Start button and select Shut Down.
2. Select Restart.
3. Launch NetZero after Windows restarts.
B. Locate and launch NetZero
If you are unable to locate NetZero, please follow the steps below:
- Click the Windows Start button and select Search.
- Select Find Files or Folders.
- Type exec.exe and click Search/Find Now.
- Double-click the file when it appears.
C. Uninstall and Reinstall NetZero
- Click the Windows Start button, point to Settings and select Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Click once on NetZero Internet to highlight it and click on the Add/Remove button.
- Click OK and OK again to close the Control Panel.
- Click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- Double-click on Local Disk C:
- Double-click on NetZeroInstaller.
- Double-click on NetZeroHSSetup.exe or NetZeroSetup.exe to begin re-installing NetZero.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete re-installing NetZero.
If you are unable to locate the file required to reinstall NetZero, please click here.