Common Connection Errors / Solutions
"NetZero Screen Flashes and I Can't Log On"
The NetZero software may have a corrupt file that is causing an error. To resolve this issue, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the software. Before proceeding, please make sure you have the NetZero software either on CD or a copy of the NetZeroSetup.exe file on your hard drive. If you do not have the NetZero software, click here to download it.
Once you have the NetZero software, please follow these steps to completely uninstall and reinstall NetZero:
- Click on the Windows Start button, point to Settings and select Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Highlight NetZero and click on the Add/Remove button.
- Click OK and close the Control Panel.
- On your desktop, double-click the My Computer icon.
- Double-click the Dial up Networking icon.
- Click once on the NetZero icon to highlight it, then press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove it.
- Click on the Windows Start button, point to Programs and select Windows Explorer.
- On the left side of the window, find the Program Files directory and click the + next to it. Find the NetZero directory, click on it once to highlight it, then press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove it.
- Close any open windows and reboot your computer.
Once you've uninstalled NetZero and have rebooted the computer, reinstall the software by inserting the CD or double-clicking on the NetZeroSetup.exe file you downloaded from our Web site. If you downloaded the software but are having trouble finding it, please follow these steps:
To locate the NetZeroSetup.exe file using Windows 95/98, please follow the steps below.
- Click the Windows Start button, point to Find and select Files or Folders.
- In the Named field, type NetZeroSetup.exe
- Ensure that the Look in field indicates My Computer.
- Click on the Find now button.
- When the NetZeroSetup.exe file is found, double-click on it to run the installation program.
- When the installation is complete, retry your NetZero connection.
Once the new installation has been completed, double-click the NetZero icon on the desktop to connect.
Windows 95 Users: If the steps above do not resolve your problem, click here.