Important info for Netscape 6.0 users
Netscape 6.0 is incompatible with NetZero's software. Because of this, you will not be able to use Netscape 6.0 with NetZero. Our engineers are working to resolve this issue. For the time being, please follow the steps below to downgrade to an earlier version of Netscape.
1. Did you make Netscape 6.0 your default browser?
If you received the following Window and clicked Yes, then Netscape 6 is now your default browser. Skip to Step 2 below.
If you did not click Yes, then you do not need to make any changes. Please ensure that you use only Netscape 4.xx, Netscape 3.xx or Internet Explorer while connected to NetZero.
2. Make an earlier version of Netscape your default browser.
If you still have an earlier version of Netscape installed, please open that version of Netscape.
If the window above appears, click Yes to make your previous installed version of Netscape your default browser. This version of Netscape will now open when you logon to NetZero. Please use only this version while using NetZero.
3. Reinstall an earlier version of Netscape.
If a window did not appear to make your earlier version of Netscape the default browser, or you no longer have a previous version of Netscape installed, please follow the instructions below.
- Click here to download Netscape Communicator 4.78.
- Ensure that the circle next to Save to disk is selected.
- Click OK.
- In the Save in drop-down menu select Desktop.
- Click on the Save button.
- When the download is complete, stay connected to the Internet.
Note: If you see a Download Complete window, click on the Close button.
- Close all browser windows and double-click on the sd_cb32d476en.exe icon, located on your desktop.
- This will start the Netscape 4.78 download. If you are disconnected you can resume where you left off or you can pause your download and resume at a later time.
- When the download is finished click on the Install button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Netscape. When you reach the Netscape Desktop Preference Options window, ensure that Make Netscape Communicator my default Internet browser is checked, then click Next.
Netscape 4.78 is now your default browser. Ensure that you only use this browser or another browser that NetZero supports while connected to NetZero. Please check back for updates concerning a software release that is compatible with Netscape 6.0.