How do I optimize or speed up my connection?
If you aren't getting as strong a connection on your NetZero 4G Stick™ as you think you ought to, you can try these tips to boost your signal reception.
- If you have a NetZero 4G Stick™ that has a bank of five LED lights at the top, check the number of LED lights on the Stick that are lit. All five lights means you're getting a strong signal, while only one light means you're getting a very weak signal.
- If you have a NetZero 4G Stick™ that doesn't have a row of LED lights at the top, check the signal strength using the Connection Manager on your desktop. If you don't see at least three dots lit, you're not receiving a strong signal. If you're indoors, try moving near a window, or at least three feet from other electronic devices or appliances such as gaming consoles, cell phones, wireless home phones, satellite receivers, etc.
- Clean up your browser by clearing out your Cache and Temporary files.
- If you can, move to an area with a better signal strength. You can check for coverage by looking at the coverage map.
- If you're outdoors or using your 4G Stick away from home and aren't getting a good connection, try moving to a different area with better signal strength. You can check for coverage by looking at the coverage map.
|NetZero Free Service|