My homepage changed unexpectedly
To reset your homepage with Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- On the General tab, type the address of your preferred (i.e. http://my.netzero.net) in the Home page box.
- Click Close.
Internet Explorer for Mac:
- Open Internet Explorer on the Finder or the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- On the left side of the Preferences window, select Browser Display under Web Browser.
- In the Home Page section, type the Web address you want to set as your home page. For example: http://my.netzero.net
Note: While browsing, you can return to this page by clicking the Home button on the toolbar
- Click OK to exit.
If your homepage continues to change unexpectedly, it may be an indication of a virus or spyware infecting your computer. Other symptoms of infection include:
- Programs taking longer than normal to start
- Pop-up ads showing up when your browser is closed
- Your browser suddenly closing or freezing
- New Web sites suddenly added to your favorites list
- Unusual messages being displayed on your screen
- Unexpected email being sent from your account
- Overall sluggish computer performance
- Low System Resource and Low Memory error messages
If you believe your computer might be infected, run the Norton AntiVirus program to scan your system and remove any viruses or other malware.