My homepage changed unexpectedly
To reset your homepage with Internet Explorer:
- Open your browser, and click on Tools.
- Select Internet Options, and click on the General tab
- Type the address of your preferred homepage (i.e. http://my.netzero.net) in the box
- Click OK.
If your homepage continues to change unexpectedly, it may be an indication of a virus or spyware infecting your computer. Other symptoms of infection include:
- Programs taking longer than normal to start
- Pop-up ads showing up when your browser is closed
- Your browser suddenly closing or freezing
- New Web sites suddenly added to your favorites list
- Unusual messages being displayed on your screen
- Unexpected email being sent from your account
- Overall sluggish computer performance
- Low System Resource and Low Memory error messages
If you believe your computer might be infected, run the Norton AntiVirus program to scan your system and remove any viruses or other malware.