Creating a New Sort & Delete Setting (Platinum and NetZero MegaMail members)
If you're using NetZero's new Message Center, please click here
A new feature of Message Center for Platinum and NetZero MegaMail members is the ability to use Sort & Delete Settings to assign specific actions to incoming messages. These actions allow you to move messages to folders, delete messages, or send a copy of a message to a folder. Click here to sign up for Platinum or MegaMail and have access to Sort & Delete Settings.
To create a New Sort & Delete Setting:
- Click the Settings link and select Email Features.
- On the Email Features screen, click the Sort & Delete link.
- The Email Features: Sort & Delete screen will appear, displaying your current Sort & Delete Settings, if any exist.
Note: The image displayed below will not be displayed if the Sort & Delete option is being used for the first time.
- Click Create to add a new Sort & Delete Setting.
- The Create Sort & Delete Setting screen will appear.
- Type a name for your new Sort & Delete Setting in the first box.
- Select a condition that will trigger your new Sort & Delete Setting from the dropdown menu under When I get a message with this condition.
|It is from||From a certain address*||memberid@|
|The subject is||With exact text in the subject line*||meeting|
|The subject contains||Contains certain text in the subject line*||Investment|
|The subject starts with||The first word in the subject is*||FWD|
|The subject ends with||The last word in the subject is*||needed!|
|I am the only recipient||Only your email address is in the To: line|| |
|I am not the only recipient||More than one email address is in the To: or Cc: lines|| |
|It is not sent directly to me||Your email address is not in the To: line|| |
|It is addressed to||The To: line contains a certain address*||memberid@|
|The text contains**||The body of the message contains certain text*||Low-Risk|
|It has attachments||The message has an attachment|| |
|The size [in KB] is larger than||The message is larger than a certain size*||250|
**NOTE: If you select the text contains in Step 2, this may cause delays when signing into Message Center while your mail is processed.
- Certain conditions require you to fill in the text box to the right. See the examples above for details.
- Once you complete a condition, select an action from the dropdown list under Then, do this.
Move it to folder
|Moves a message to a specified folder, such as Junk Mail||Junk Mail folder|
|Copy it to folder||Sends a copy of a message to a specified folder, such as Important Records||Important Records folder|
|Delete it||Moves a message to the Trash folder|| |
- If you choose Move it to folder or Copy it to folder, click the dropdown menu that says Select a Folder to choose a folder where your message should go. If you choose Delete it, the folder will be greyed out since deleted messages are always sent to the Trash.
- When you are finished, click the Save button. To cancel your changes, click Cancel.
- The Email Features: Sort & Delete screen will appear with your new Sort & Delete setting on the list.
Back to the Main Menu
|NetZero Free Service|