How do I send emails from a hotel?
If you are having trouble sending email from a remote location (such as a hotel), you may need to change the SMTP port to allow outgoing mail.
NOTE: Contact the hotel to learn what their SMTP port setting is before starting this process.
- Open Outlook.
- Click on Tools and select Email Accounts.
- Choose View or change existing email accounts and then click Next.
- Select your NetZero account, click on Change, then click More Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, find the SMTP port setting (it will probably be 25), and write this down to change it back when you get home.
- Change the SMTP port to the one the hotel provided, and click OK.
- Click Next, then click Finish when you're done.
Back to the Main Menu
|NetZero Free Service|