How do I prevent Web site addresses from appearing when I type in the address bar of my browser?
As you type Web site addresses in the address bar, Internet Explorer suggests Web site address matches you've previously typed. This Internet Explorer feature is called AutoComplete. If you'd like, you can turn the AutoComplete feature off.
To turn AutoComplete off in Internet Explorer 6.0:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- The Internet Options screen will appear. Click the Content tab.
- On the Content tab, under Personal information, click AutoComplete.
- The AutoComplete Settings screen will appear. Clear the Web addresses check box, then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options screen.